Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mocking it Up

So today i decided to do a mock up for my still life assessment after class today. I went and bought everything that i needed to do the shoot and went straight home to start it. I don't think Stak will like this shot at all, he wasn't too keen on my idea, it sucks because Greg would absolutely love my idea and probably help me in ways Stak can't. Anyways, this shot is based on a painting by Jacopo de Barbari titled "Partridge and Iron gloves" in 1504. I think i did a fairly good job, i wanted the background behind the fence pailings to establish morning light pouring through the wood and keep the lighting on the inside fairly dark showing available natural light coming in from perhaps another window inside the house. All in all i think i did fairly well in the end, only about 5-10 minutes of photoshop time just to vignette the edges, desaturate the colours slightly, add a curves and some grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment